Setter Ridge has been working with English Setters for more than 31 years. We specialize in Dual English Setters. We both Show and Field Trial our Engish Setters. We hunt, field trial, show and commpete in performance events with our setters.
Here are some of Setter Ridge's more notable accomplishments:
- Melissa Newman won the first Sporting Group Breeder of the Year, given by the American Kennel Club.
- Breeder of over 200 American Champions, plus many Champions in many other countries.
- Breeder of the #1 English Setter Sire of all time.
- Breeder of seven All Breed Best In Show dogs.
- Breeder of multiple Best In Specialty winners.
- Bred, owned, handled and trained the 8th and 12th Dual Champions in the history of our breed.
- Breeder of National Specialty winners including Best of Breed.
- Breeder of of multiple High in Trial dogs.
- Owners of multiple top producing stud dogs.
At Setter Ridge we like for all of our dogs to be house dogs.
Consequently the majority of our dogs live with other wonderful friends and
families in homes as house dogs. We do have about 10 dogs that always live
with us. Those dogs all get to come into the house and spend time with our
family. English Setters love to be with people and have house time. They
are very friendly and affectionate dogs and don't care to be left out in a
We have puppies now. For information on puppies, older dogs, and stud dogs, please
email us. We permanently identify our dogs, and BAER test most of our puppies before they leave.
Top five winners
We have ten seven week old puppies now out of Preston and Tiffany.
I named the little male that had trouble nursing with his big sisters in the way Chiweenie as he looked like one when he was born. However he has been spoiled rotten and now is a beautiful big setter check out his photos on our ... More
We have 3 English Setters available.
|Articles About Setter Ridge
Melissa answers 11 questions about Setter Ridge and the English Setter breed. Follow the link and select "English Setter - the Breeder's Perspective" from the dropdown.
American Kennel Club
Melissa is quoted regarding the development of the English Setter breed:
These dogs had wonderful, calm temperaments, and were known as the gentlemanís gundog, yet had the stamina to hunt all day for days on end.
Full article: The Dual Breeder: Breeding for Both Conformation and Performance
Setter Ridge is the home of Hadji (Dual Ch Can Ch Set'r Ridge's Solid Gold CDX MH HDX CGC), who passed on in February 2000. Hadji produced 129 American Champions including 16 all breed Best in Show dogs out of 12 different dams. He was the winner of the 1993
National Specialty, a field trial champion, and the 8th Dual Champions in the breed's history. For more information about Hadji, please click here.